How to find my pet using the Radar 🎥
The Radar feature in the Findster App will point you to the direction where your pet is and guide you right to its location.
In order to use the Radar, please follow these steps and best practices:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- As stated in the Official GPS Website, the accuracy, that also influences the Radar, will be high in open outdoor areas, in which the Pet module is in line of sight with the GPS satellites. Otherwise, your pet can be tracked in wrong positions: dense areas, with many buildings/trees around; cloudy weather; tracking a pet while they're indoors is not possible; using the Guardian indoors as a home base station even if the pet is outside is also not covered. Please check our article about connection range and GPS accuracy, that will tell you the GPS accuracy you should expect for your use case.
- Do not use the Radar in a place with many/huge metallic objects nearby (for example, a garage full of tools), as they will have a high influence on your smartphone's compass/magnetometer precision.
- Please use the Radar when you're more than 20 yards / 20 meters away from the Pet module, so that the accuracy can't be affected by the average GPS error.
- Be sure you've tapped in the "Start walking" button, otherwise you'll only be tracking your pet's activity, but not their position.
- In case you're using an iPhone, please go to its Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Location Services ▶ make sure that Location Services are on ▶ scroll down to find the Findster App ▶ tap the app and select the option "Always".
- Again, please go to your iPhone Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Bluetooth ▶ toggle it on to the Findster App.
- Android smartphones optimize their battery by putting the Bluetooth and GPS in a low consumption mode, which has a significant negative impact both in the connection range and GPS accuracy. Please disable this option by following these instructions.
- Place your phone horizontally on the palm of your hand for maximum precision.
- If the problem still persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a problem ▶ Report requested by support agent, and mention the time span this problem occurred (day and hour). The app report will automatically attach a file of events that will be analyzed by our developers (which is impossible via text) - after their analysis, we'll get back to you.
Have more questions? Contact Us