Battery life is draining fast on the modules
While the battery of the Guardian lasts for more than 24 hours, the battery of the Pet module lasts up to 12 hours (in walking mode) and up to 7 days (when you're not in walking mode). If the Pet module is not reaching this battery life, please follow the procedure below:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Be sure you turn off your modules when you stop using them, by pressing their button until a red light flashes three times.
- If the average temperature is not around the temperature range we provide (about 77º F / 25º C), the battery life of the Pet may decrease and, in some extreme cases, it may also compromise the performance of the system.
- If your Pet module can't reach a full charge after 2 hours or if it doesn't charge at all, please do this:
- Use a toothbrush and alcohol to clean the pogo pins, both on the charger and in the base of the module, effectively removing any residue.
- Recharge it using a different USB cable.
- Recharge it using a different charging adapter, with a minimum current of 1A and with a constant voltage of 5V. In case the modules blink amber and green alternately, it's because you're using an unsupported charging adapter.
- Let the module charge for 3 hours, doesn't matter if it doesn't LED flash.
- Reset your module by following this videotutorial.
- If the problem persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a bug ▶ Report requested by support agent, and attach a short video in which you do the following: plug the Pet module into the charger, let it be there for 10 seconds, and then plug a second module to the charger (doesn't matter if it is the Guardian or a second Pet) and let them be there for 10 seconds as well - make sure we're able to check the LED colors of the modules while you do this.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair a module
- Guardian/Pet module lost connection
- Pet's position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated
- Offline map is not loading
- Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Guardian/Pet module is unresponsive / non rechargeable
- Battery life is draining fast on the modules
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone
Have more questions? Contact Us