Pet's position is not accurate in the Map
If you're having trouble obtaining an accurate position for your Findster Duo+ Pet module or if it is consistently reporting wrong locations, please follow these steps:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- As stated in the Official GPS Website, the accuracy will be high in open outdoor areas, in which the Pet module is in line of sight with the GPS satellites. Otherwise, your pet can be tracked in wrong positions: dense areas, with many buildings/trees around; cloudy weather; tracking a pet while they're indoors is not possible; using the Guardian indoors as a home base station even if the pet is outside is also not covered. Please check our article about connection range and GPS accuracy, that will tell you the GPS accuracy you should expect for your use case.
- Do not kill the Findster App while you're using your Findster kit, otherwise the connection will drop. Instead, let the app run on foreground or background.
- For iPhones: go to its Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Location Services ▶ make sure that Location Services are on ▶ scroll down to find the Findster App ▶ tap the app and select the option "Always". Then, please go again to your iPhone Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Bluetooth ▶ toggle it on to the Findster App.
- For Androids: go to its Settings ▶ Apps ▶ Findster ▶ Permissions ▶ Location ▶ "Always allow". Then, please disable the battery optimization by following these instructions.
- Be sure you've tapped in the "Start walking" button, otherwise you'll only be tracking your pet's activity, but not their position.
- If the problem still persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a problem ▶ Report requested by support agent, and mention the time span this problem occurred (day and hour). The app report will automatically attach a file of events that will be analyzed by our developers (which is impossible via text) - after their analysis, we'll get back to you.
Please note that only the Pet module includes GPS. Your own position is given by your smartphone's GPS (and not the Guardian module, which does not have GPS), so if it is inaccurate, unfortunately your smartphone is at fault.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair a module
- Guardian/Pet module lost connection
- Pet's position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated
- Offline map is not loading
- Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Guardian/Pet module is unresponsive / non rechargeable
- Battery life is draining fast on the modules
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone