Pet's position is not accurate in the Radar
If you're having trouble obtaining an accurate position for your pet in the Radar, please follow these steps:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- As stated in the Official GPS Website, the accuracy, that also influences the Radar, will be high in open outdoor areas, in which the Pet module is in line of sight with the GPS satellites. Otherwise, your pet can be tracked in wrong positions: dense areas, with many buildings/trees around; cloudy weather; tracking a pet while they're indoors is not possible; using the Guardian indoors as a home base station even if the pet is outside is also not covered. Please check our article about connection range and GPS accuracy, that will tell you the GPS accuracy you should expect for your use case.
- Please use the Radar when you're more than 20 yards / 20 meters away from the Pet module, so that the accuracy can't be affected by the average GPS error.
- Be sure you've tapped in the "Start walking" button, otherwise you'll only be tracking your pet's activity, but not their position.
- For iPhones: go to its Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Location Services ▶ make sure that Location Services are on ▶ scroll down to find the Findster App ▶ tap the app and select the option "Always". Then, please go again to your iPhone Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Bluetooth ▶ toggle it on to the Findster App.
- For Androids: go to its Settings ▶ Apps ▶ Findster ▶ Permissions ▶ Location ▶ "Always allow". Then, please disable the battery optimization by following these instructions.
- Calibrate your smartphone's compass/magnetometer, as instructed on this videotutorial.
- Place your phone horizontally on the palm of your hand for maximum precision.
- Do not use the Radar feature in a place with many/huge metallic objects nearby (for example, a garage full of tools), as they will have a high influence on your smartphone's compass/magnetometer precision.If the problem still persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a bug ▶ Report requested by support agent, and mention the time span this problem occurred (day and hour). The app report will automatically attach a file of events that will be analyzed by our developers (which is impossible via text) - after their analysis, we'll get back to you.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair a module
- Guardian/Pet module lost connection
- Pet's position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated
- Offline map is not loading
- Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Guardian/Pet module is unresponsive / non rechargeable
- Battery life is draining fast on the modules
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone
Have more questions? Contact Us