8. Updating the Firmware of your modules
The Firmware updating process of your modules is extremely important: it improves the overall performance of your Findster system and can even fix some minor issues you may have.
If you have a red dot over Profile in the Menu of the Findster App, that means a new version is available, so please follow these steps:
- Turn on the GPS, Bluetooth and internet on your smartphone.
- Turn on your modules, be sure they're not plugged into the charger and that are close to your smartphone during this process.
- Open the Findster App and wait for your modules to get connected. If this doesn't happen, please restart your smartphone.
- Go to Profile ▶ Devices ▶ tap the respective module ▶ Confirm you wish to update the Firmware of the module.
- After updating the Firmware successfully, you can then use your Findster again! Please don't forget that you should repeat this process for every module you have.
Stuck with blue light?
In case the Firmware update gets interrupted (for example, the module you were updating got too far away from your smartphone), the module will get a solid blue light. If this happens, please follow these instructions.
- 1. Unboxing Findster Duo+
- 2. Charging Guardian and Pet modules
- 3. Quick setup: pair and connect your Findster modules 🎥
- 4. Turning the modules on/off
- 5. Understanding the LED light color of Findster Duo+
- 6. Attaching/detaching the Pet module to/from a collar 🎥
- 7. How to track your pet's position 🎥
- 8. Updating the Firmware of your modules
- 9. The Findster App: a brief walkthrough