How does Findster Duo+ work? 🎥
The standard Findster Duo+ ecosystem consists of 1 Guardian module and 1 Pet module, which you can use to track your pet via the Findster App on your smartphone.
How it works
Here's how the standard Findster Duo+ ecosystem works:
- The Pet module has GPS, which will acquire a position by communicating with GPS satellites.
- The Pet module sends its coordinates to the Guardian module via RF, using our proprietary MAZE protocol - an innovative technology exclusively developed by Findster, which allows us to eliminate the need for a cellular connection to obtain the GPS coordinates (hence no monthly fees!). MAZE allows the modules to communicate within an obtainable range of up to 3 miles (4.8 kilometres) depending on the surrounding environment.
- The Guardian module serves as a gateway between the Pet module and your smartphone. It sends the GPS data acquired by the Pet module to your smartphone via Bluetooth - which means you should carry both the Guardian and the smartphone with you!
- You can track your pet's location in real time using the Findster App on your smartphone!
Please note that:
- While other GPS pet trackers require cell coverage in order to communicate with your smartphone, Findster Duo+ doesn't - our MAZE technology eliminates this need, making it 100% free of monthly fees. Since it doesn't depend on telcos, Findster Duo+ also works everywhere in the world!
- You must have at least one Guardian module to be able to track a Pet module. Both modules are necessary in order for the system to work.
- A single Guardian module can track up to 3 Pet modules.
Type of communication / estimated range
Here's how the system communicates and the distances you should keep between the devices:
- Smartphone ↔️ Guardian: communication via Bluetooth, within 2 yards (2 meters).
- Guardian ↔️ Pet: communication via RF technology (using our proprietary MAZE protocol), with an estimated range up to 3 miles (4.8 kilometres). However, please note that the surrounding environment can influence the range.
- No internet or cell coverage are needed to perform tracking.
- How does Findster Duo+ work? 🎥
- How can I contact Findster support?
- What are Findster Duo+'s main advantages/features in comparison with other GPS pet trackers?
- Why do I need a Guardian module?
- Is Findster Duo+ free of monthly fees?
- Is cell coverage / SIM card needed?
- Is an internet connection needed?
- Can I use Findster Duo+ in my country?
- What happens if my pet leaves the range when using Findster Duo+?
- Can I use the same Findster Duo+ kit with multiple smartphones?
Have more questions? Contact Us