What is the battery life of the modules?
The battery life of the modules depends on the mode you select, as well as on the temperature.
Here is the battery life you should expect, depending on the modes you can select in the Findster App:
- In a walk (location + activity) - up to 12 hours of continuous tracking. Since Findster Duo+ is the only GPS pet tracker to allow true real-time GPS tracking, it produces more positional updates than every other GPS pet tracker available. Consequently, the battery of the modules will also drain faster than other devices, which produce less (and less accurate) location updates.
- Not in a walk (activity only) - up to 7 days. This mode turns off the GPS, so you'll only be tracking your pet(s)' activity and not their location. It is ideal for when you have no need to track your pet(s)' whereabouts, as this mode consumes a lot less battery. The activity will be tracked even when the Guardian and the Bluetooth of your smartphone are off.
- Temperature (advisable): 77º F / 25º C
- Temperature range for tracking:
- Normal: 70ºF / 21ºC
- Lower Extreme: -4º F / -20° C
- Upper Extreme: 131º F / 55° C
- Temperature range for charging:
- Lower Extreme: 32º F / 0 °C
- Upper Extreme: 104º F / 40 °C
- How does Findster Duo+ work? 🎥
- How can I contact Findster support?
- What are Findster Duo+'s main advantages/features in comparison with other GPS pet trackers?
- Why do I need a Guardian module?
- Is Findster Duo+ free of monthly fees?
- Is cell coverage / SIM card needed?
- Is an internet connection needed?
- Can I use Findster Duo+ in my country?
- What happens if my pet leaves the range when using Findster Duo+?
- Can I use the same Findster Duo+ kit with multiple smartphones?
Have more questions? Contact Us