Why do I need a Guardian module?
Any Findster Duo+ ecosystem consists of at least 1 Guardian module and 1 Pet module - both are necessary to use the system.
Findster Duo+ uses our proprietary MAZE technology - an innovative and exclusive technology exclusively developed by Findster, which allows us to eliminate the need for a cellular connection to obtain the GPS coordinates (hence no monthly fees!). Basically, the Guardian module serves as a gateway between the Pet module and your smartphone. It sends the GPS data acquired by the Pet module to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Because of this, both modules are required in order for the system to work.
For more information, please check the article on how Findster Duo+ works.
- How does Findster Duo+ work? 🎥
- How can I contact Findster support?
- What are Findster Duo+'s main advantages/features in comparison with other GPS pet trackers?
- Why do I need a Guardian module?
- Is Findster Duo+ free of monthly fees?
- Is cell coverage / SIM card needed?
- Is an internet connection needed?
- Can I use Findster Duo+ in my country?
- What happens if my pet leaves the range when using Findster Duo+?
- Can I use the same Findster Duo+ kit with multiple smartphones?