Can I use Findster Duo+ to track my pet remotely (example: while at work)?
Although this isn't Findster's main purpose, you can use the Duo+' share feature to track your pet remotely (as long as you're connected to the internet), even farther than the estimated range.
The Duo+ has an estimated range of up to 3 miles, and is optimized for proximity monitoring (such as walks, for example) - it is not indicated for indoor tracking or remote monitoring. With this in mind, you can use this method to track your pet when you're away from home.
Let's imagine you'd like to track your pet (who is at home) while you're at work. Follow these steps:
- Ask someone who's home to track your Pet. This person should either have their own Findster Duo+ kit or be using your modules, paired with their own account.
- From the other person's account, they'll need to use the share feature to share your pet's location and activity data with your own account. Please note that, in order to use this feature, the person who's sharing (at home) and the person with whom the Pet is being shared (you, at work) both need to be connected to the internet.
- You can now track your pet's location and activity remotely, as long as the other person is locally monitoring your pet!
- How does Findster Duo+ work? 🎥
- How can I contact Findster support?
- What are Findster Duo+'s main advantages/features in comparison with other GPS pet trackers?
- Why do I need a Findster Duo+ Guardian module?
- Is Findster Duo+ really free of monthly fees?
- Is cell coverage / SIM card needed in order to use Findster Duo+?
- Is an internet connection needed to use Findster Duo+?
- Can I use Findster Duo+ in my country?
- What happens if my pet leaves the range when using Findster Duo+?
- Can I use the same Findster Duo+ kit with multiple smartphones?