Pet's position is taking too long to update
The Findster Duo+ system takes between 5-10 seconds to update each of your Pet modules' positions, as presented below:
- 1 Pet module - 5-10 seconds.
- 2 Pet modules - 10-20 seconds.
- 3 Pet modules - 15-30 seconds.
If they're taking more than these estimates, please do this:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Get yourself in an open outdoor area in order to get a good connection range. Otherwise, the connection range will be lower in dense areas, with many buildings/trees around; tracking a pet while they're indoors is not possible; using the Guardian indoors as a home base station even if the pet is outside is also not covered. Please check our article about connection range and GPS accuracy, that will tell you the connection range you should expect for your use case.
- In case you're using an iPhone, please go to its Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Location Services ▶ make sure that Location Services are on ▶ scroll down to find the Findster App ▶ tap the app and select the option "Always".
- Again, please go to your iPhone Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Bluetooth ▶ toggle it on to the Findster App.
- Android smartphones optimize their battery by putting the Bluetooth and GPS in a low consumption mode, which has a significant negative impact both in the connection range and GPS accuracy. Please disable this option by following these instructions.
- Do not kill the Findster App while you're using your Findster kit, otherwise the connection will drop. Instead, let the app run on foreground or background.
- Do not use two smartphones with the same account at the same time, otherwise both will try to communicate with the modules, which will cause an unstable connection.
- Be sure you've tapped in the "Start walking" button, otherwise you'll only be tracking your pet's activity, but not their position.
- If the problem still persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a bug ▶ Report requested by support agent, and mention the time span this problem occurred (day and hour). The app report will automatically attach a file of events that will be analyzed by our developers and, after their analysis, we'll get back to you.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair a module
- Guardian/Pet module lost connection
- Pet's position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated
- Offline map is not loading
- Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Guardian/Pet module is unresponsive / non rechargeable
- Battery life is draining fast on the modules
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone
Have more questions? Contact Us