How to update the GPS data
The GPS data of a Pet module needs to be updated every week hours via internet, in order to acquire a position in a faster and accurate way.
As it happens with other devices that feature a GPS, Findster uses the AssistNow service, which allows the GPS of the Pet module to predict where satellites will be in the sky, reducing GPS acquisition time and increasing the accuracy.
Here's how the Pet module behaves with its GPS data up-to-date and not up-to-date:
- GPS up-to-date: your Pet's position will be very accurate and refreshed in the Map every 5-10 seconds.
- GPS not up-to-date: your pet's position may lack some GPS accuracy and it can take up to 3 minutes to acquire a valid coordinate.
You should update the GPS of your Pet module(s) weekly. Here's how to do it:
- Open the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Connect your modules.
- Ensure the Pet module is very close to your smartphone (no more than 2 yards/meters from it).
- The GPS update will run on background within 60 seconds, which means you won't be able to look at this process by looking at the app, though it'll occur.
- You can then go for a walk, either with the internet on or off.
Have more questions? Contact Us